Sec 1 English Tuition Course Description
Students may face problems adapting themselves to the new format and teaching style in Secondary 1 English.
In some ways, the secondary 1 English syllabus is an extension of the primary school syllabus. There are differences which require students to learn new skills. Secondary schools are preparing students to move towards the O Levels step-by-step.
Students may find a sharp decline in their grades initially, our tutors’ role is to help students maintain and improve their skills in P6 English and build upon existing knowledge to enable them to excel in secondary 1.
Sec 1 English Tuition Course Outline
1. Introuduction and familiarisation to new format.
2. Use varied sentence structures and rich vocabulary for effective communication
3. Guide students to identify key points in passages
4. Develop ability to demonstrate understanding of use of English to achieve impact
5. Regular practice of top school English papers and Ten-year series
6. Opportunities for students to read, speak and write English